NBA player’s wife posts photos of her injuries after he turned himself in for domestic violence

Mychelle Johnson, wife of NBA player Miles Bridges, posted footage of her injuries a day after turning himself in to authorities on charges of domestic violence.

Ms Johnson, who has two young children with Mr Bridges, wrote: Instagram this week that she “couldn’t shut up anymore” and that she was “suffocating until I went to sleep”.

The images she posted show bruises and scratches on her hands, back, legs and face.

“I had someone destroy my home, abuse me in every way and traumatize our children for life,” she wrote in the caption of her post on Thursday.

Ms Johnson also posted a medical document, dated Tuesday, that said she had been strangled and suffered a concussion and a bruised rib.

The document states that Ms Johnson is an “adult victim of physical abuse by a male partner”.

Mychelle Johnson posted a medical document on Instagram

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

Mychelle Johnson posted images of her injuries on social media

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

Ms Johnson posted the footage after Mr Bridges turned himself in to the Los Angeles Police Department. The NBA player is said to have had a physical argument with a woman on Tuesday. TMZ reports that. The woman reportedly needed medical care.

Mychelle Johnson posted images of her injuries on social media

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

Mychelle Johnson posted images of her injuries on social media

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

As Mr Bridges left the scene before the arrival of the police, he turned himself in later on Wednesday. After being charged with domestic violence, he was released on $130,000 bail.

On Thursday, Ms Johnson said she had a broken nose and wrist, a ruptured eardrum and ruptured neck muscles “from choking until I went to sleep”.

“I hate that it’s come to this, but I can’t keep quiet anymore. I have allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way and traumatize our children for life,” she wrote. “I have nothing to prove to the world, but I will not allow anyone who could do such a terrible thing to have no regrets and paint a picture of something that I am not.”

Mychelle Johnson posted images of her injuries on social media

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

Mychelle Johnson posted photos of her injuries on Instagram

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

Mychelle Johnson posted photos of her injuries on Instagram

(Mychelle Johnson/Instagram)

“I will not allow the people around him to silence me and continue to lie to protect this person. It’s unethical, it’s immoral, it’s really sick,” she added. “It hurts my heart because I’ve always had hope, and so much love and as scary as this is for me to do, it’s time I stood up for myself.”

“I will no longer be silent to protect others because I value myself and my children more than anyone’s ‘image’…a [fractured] nose, wrist, ruptured eardrum, torn muscles in my neck from choking to sleep and a severe concussion,” she wrote. “I don’t need sympathy. I just don’t want this to happen to anyone else. I just want this person to get help. My kids deserve better.”

“That’s all I want. It hurts, everything hurts, this situation hurts, the most important thing is that I am afraid and hurt for my children who witnessed everything,” she added.

Ms. Johnson and Mr. Bridges began dating in 2016. He was the 12th pick in the 2018 NBA draft and played four seasons for the Charlotte hornets. He became a free agent at 6 p.m. Thursday as the NBA negotiating period began.

NBA franchises can continue to negotiate with free agents on Friday, but they won’t be able to sign a player until July 6 at 12:01 p.m. ET. Mr Bridges’ future in the league remains uncertain.

Miles Bridges #0 of the Charlotte Hornets shoots a layup against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wells Fargo Center on April 02, 2022 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

(Getty images)

The Charlotte Hornets announced on Wednesday that they had made a qualifying offer to Mr Bridges.

On Tuesday, Hornets general manager Mitch Kupchak told the press, “As an organization, we love Miles.”

“We are going to bring him back. He has been great for the franchise and I believe his work ethic will only make him better,” added Kupchak.

The $8 million offer means that Mr. Bridges is a restricted free agent – the Hornets are allowed to match any other offer Mr. Bridges receives from elsewhere.

the independent has attempted to reach Mr Bridges and the Charlotte Hornets for comment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.